The Winter School of Theoretical Physicists “Kourovka” has been held regularly in the Urals since 1961.
It was organized by Academician S. V. Vonsovskii.
In 2020, it will be held for the thirty-eighth time.
The school is organized by M. N. Mikheev Institute for Metal Physics RAS and the Institute for Electrophysics RAS.
At the school, the participants will be focused on the lecture courses on the most pressing problems of the condensed state theory and a number of other topics of theoretical physics.
In addition, the participants of the school will be given an opportunity to present oral talks at seminars (approved by the Program Committee) and take part in a number of poster sessions.
Many young scientists, postgraduates, and students will be among the participants of the school.
Location is the sanatorium “Garnet Bay” of the Government of the Sverdlovsk Region.
The sanatorium is located in the forest-park area of Verkhnya Sysert village, 50 km from Yekaterinburg city (see the map
- Sadovskii M. V. (chairman), RAS member, Institute for Electrophysics RAS, Ekaterinburg,
- Borisov A. B., RAS corresponding member, M. N. Mikheev Institute for Metal Physics RAS, Ekaterinburg,
- Volovik G. E., professor, Landau Institute RAS, Moscow; O. V. Lounasmaa Laboratory, Aalto University, Finnland,
- Rubtsov A. N., professor, Russian Quantum Center, Moscow,
- Irkhin V. Yu., professor, M. N. Mikheev Institute for Metal Physics RAS, Ekaterinburg,
- Nekrasov I. A., RAS corresponding member, Institute for Electrophysics RAS, Ekaterinburg,
- Khomskii D. I., professor, Koeln University, Germany,
- Shavrov V. G., professor, Institute of Radioelectronics RAS, Moscow.
Organizing Committee address:
- Menshenin V. V. (chairman), professor, M. N. Mikheev Institute for Metal Physics RAS, Ekaterinburg,
- Charikova Т. B., professor, M. N. Mikheev Institute for Metal Physics RAS, Ekaterinburg,
- Kudryashova O. V., PhD, M. N. Mikheev Institute for Metal Physics RAS, Ekaterinburg,
- Zarubin A. V., PhD, M. N. Mikheev Institute for Metal Physics RAS, Ekaterinburg,
- Kuleev I. I., PhD, M. N. Mikheev Institute for Metal Physics RAS, Ekaterinburg,
- Igoshev P. A., PhD, M. N. Mikheev Institute for Metal Physics RAS, Ekaterinburg,
- Agzamova P. A., PhD, M. N. Mikheev Institute for Metal Physics RAS, Ekaterinburg.
- Pavlov N. S., PhD, Institute for Electrophysics RAS, Ekaterinburg.
The scientific program includes three topical areas of condensed matter physics
- quantum theory of superconductivity and magnetism;
- physics of strongly correlated and disordered systems;
- theory of phase transitions and physics of low-dimensional systems.
Authoritative specialists from Russia and foreign countries are invited to take part in the work of the conference and they will give presentations and lectures. Young scientists and students will also be able to present their original results.
Preliminary List of Invited Lectures
Preliminary list of invited lectures:
- Efetov K. B. (Ruhr University, Bochum, Germany)
Thermodynamic quantum time crystals
- Glazov M. M. (Ioffe Institute RAS, Saint-Petersburg)
Theory of spin fluctuations in semiconductors
- Khomskii D. I. (Koeln University, Germany)
Cluster Mott insulators: “molecules” in solids against magnetism
- Kugel K. I. (Institute of Theoretical and Applied Electrodynamics RAS, Moscow)
Inhomogeneous electronic states in systems with imperfect nesting of Fermi surface sheets
- Lichtenstein A. I. (Hamburg University, Germany)
Electronic structure and magnetism
- Melnikov A. S. (Institute of Applied Physics RAS, Nizhni Novgorod)
- Rubakov V. A. (Institute for Nuclear Research RAS, Moscow)
Universe before the hot stage
- Rubtsov A. N. (Russian Quantum Center, Moscow)
Collective excitations in Hubbard model and the phase diagram of cuprates
- Shlyapnikov G. V. (Orsay, France)
New trends in quantum gases
- Suris R. A. (Ioffe Institute, Saint-Petersburg)
Bose-Einstein (and not only) condensation of excitons in low-dimensional nanostructures with disorder
- Volovik G. E. (O. V. Lounasmaa Laboratory, Aalto University, Finland)
Black hole horizon, CPT symmetric Universe and their condensed matter analogs
- Zakharov V. E. (Lebedev Institute, Landau Institute, RAS)
Kolmogorov solutions of kinetic equations for quasiparticles
- Deadline for registration is October 31, 2019.
- Deadline for submission of abstracts is December 20, 2019.
- The beginning of the conference is February 23, 2020.
- The end of the conference is February 29, 2020.
Dear participants of the conference!
If you have previously registered at the conference, you may use the old login and password
. After checking the registration data, you must click the “Register
If you lost your registration information, please refer to “Restore the password”.
New participants of the conference should select the item “Registration” and fill in the registration form. To access your data after registering, you need to enter your password and login in the “Log In” section.
Abstracts should be presented as a document LaTeX2e
or Microsoft Word
. The language for submitting abstracts is Russian
. The file name must consist of the section number, the surname and initials of the speaker, for example, 1-IvanovIS.tex
. If several reports are submitted, the numerals are indicated after the surname, for example, 1-IvanovIS-1.tex
Detailed rules and templates for processing abstracts can be taken on the school's website in LaTeX2e
and MS Word
Abstracts should be sent through the school's website registration system. The archive of abstract files should consist of the author's last name, for example, IvanovIS-1.zip
We kindly ask you to follow these rules.
Abstracts will be reviewed.
Payment of registration fee
The registration fee
in the school is 24,000 rubles
.You should pay the registration fee after individual confirmation of participation in the school.
Materials from previous conferences
Materials of the XXXVI International Winter School of Theoretical Physics “Kourovka”
(Garnet Bay, Verkhnya Sysert, February 25 – March 3, 2018).Materials of the XXXVI International Winter School of Theoretical Physics “Kourovka”
(Garnet Bay, Verkhnya Sysert, February 21 – 27, 2016).Materials of the XXXV International Winter School of Theoretical Physicists “Kourovka”
(Garnet Bay, Verkhnya Sysert, February 23 – March 1, 2014)Materials of the XXXIV International Winter School of Theoretical Physics “Kourovka”
(Green Point, Novouralsk, February 26 – March 3, 2012)Abstracts of the International Winter School of Theoretical Physicists “Kourovka”Photos from the XXXVII International Winter School of Theoretical Physics “Kourovka”.
Other information about previous conferences is available in the “Archive” section (on the right hand of the site).