The Winter School of Theoretical Physicists “Kourovka” has been held regularly in the Urals since 1961. It was organized by Academician S. V. Vonsovskii. In 2018, it will be held for the thirty seventh time.
At the school, the participants will be focused on the lecture courses on the most pressing problems of the condensed state theory and a number of other topics of theoretical physics. In addition, the participants of the school will be given an opportunity to present oral talks at seminars (approved by the Program Committee) and take part in a number of poster sessions. Many young scientists, postgraduates, and students will be among the participants of the school.
Materials from previous conferences
Materials of the XXXVI International Winter School of Theoretical Physics “Kourovka”
(Garnet Bay, Verkhnya Sysert, February 25 – March 3, 2018).Materials of the XXXVI International Winter School of Theoretical Physics “Kourovka”
(Garnet Bay, Verkhnya Sysert, February 21 – 27, 2016).Materials XXXV International Winter School of Theoretical Physicists “Kourovka”
(Garnet Bay, Verkhnya Sysert, February 23 – March 1, 2014)Materials of the XXXIV International Winter School of Theoretical Physics “Kourovka”
(Green Point, Novouralsk, February 26 – March 3, 2012)Abstracts of the International Winter School of Theoretical Physicists “Kourovka”Photos from the XXXVI International Winter School of Theoretical Physics “Kourovka”.
Other information about previous conferences is available in the “Archive” section (on the right hand of the site).
Location is the sanatorium “Garnet Bay” of the Government of the Sverdlovsk Region.
The sanatorium is located in the forest-park area of Verkhnya Sysert village, 50 km from Yekaterinburg city (see the map
Detailed information can be found on site 1
or site 2
- Sadovskii M. V. (chairman), RAS member, Institute for Electrophysics RAS, M.N. Mikheev Institute for Metal Physics RAS, Ekaterinburg,
- Borisov A. B., RAS corresponding member, M.N. Mikheev Institute for Metal Physics RAS, Ekaterinburg,
- Volovik G. E., professor, Landau Institute RAS, Moscow; O.V. Lounasmaa Laboratory, Aalto University, Finnland,
- Irkhin V. Yu., professor, M.N. Mikheev Institute for Metal Physics RAS, Ekaterinburg,
- Kiselev M. N., professor, International Centre of Theoretical Physics, Trieste, Italy,
- Nekrasov I. A., RAS corresponding member, Institute for Electrophysics RAS, Ekaterinburg,
- Khomskii D. I., professor, Koeln University, Germany,
- Shavrov V. G., professor, Institute of Radioelectronics RAS, Moscow.
Organizing Committee address:
- Menshenin V. V. (chairman), professor, M.N. Mikheev Institute for Metal Physics RAS, Ekaterinburg,
- Charikova Т. B., professor, M.N. Mikheev Institute for Metal Physics RAS, Ekaterinburg,
- Kudryashova O. V., PhD, M.N. Mikheev Institute for Metal Physics RAS, Ekaterinburg,
- Zarubin A. V., PhD, M.N. Mikheev Institute for Metal Physics RAS, Ekaterinburg,
- Kuleev I. I., PhD, M.N. Mikheev Institute for Metal Physics RAS, Ekaterinburg,
- Igoshev P. A., PhD, M.N. Mikheev Institute for Metal Physics RAS, Ekaterinburg,
- Agzamova P. A., PhD, M.N. Mikheev Institute for Metal Physics RAS, Ekaterinburg.
The scientific program includes three topical areas of condensed matter physics as
- quantum theory of superconductivity and magnetism;
- physics of strongly correlated and disordered systems;
- theory of phase transitions and physics of low-dimensional systems.
K. A. Kikoin memorial seminar will be held during the school.
Authoritative specialists from Russia and foreign countries are invited to take part in the work of the conference and they will give presentations and lectures. Young scientists and students will also be able to present their original results.
- Held K. (Institute for Solid State Physics, TU Wien, Austria)
Dynamical vertex approximation (DGA)
- Ivanov B. A. (Institute of Magnetism NASU, Kiev, Ukraine)
Spintronics of antiferromagnets non-linear spin dynamics for antiferromagnets: auto-oscillators and solitons
- Khomskii D. I. (Koeln University, Germany)
Skipped valence and ligand holes, or how to make magnetic gold?
- Kiselev M. N. (ICTP, Trieste, Italy),
Ginzburg-Landau glimpse on coexisting magnetic/superconducting phases of unconventional superconductors
- Kuchinskii E. Z. (Institute for Electrophysics RAS, Ekaterinburg)
Disordered Hubbard model: DMFT + Sigma approximation
- Mischenko A. S. (RIKEN Center for Emergent Matter Science (CEMS), Saitama, Japan)
Evidences for significant electron-phonon coupling in high Tc cuprates
- Nekrasov I. A. (Institute for Electrophysics RAS, Ekaterinburg)
Electronic structure of iron-based superconductors
- Prokof'ev N. V. (University of Massachusetts, Amherst, USA)
Diagrammatic Monte Carlo
- Shlyapnikov G. V. (University Paris-Sud, Orsay, France)
Quantum gases: 1. Bose-Einstein condensation.From discovery to modern results. 2. Degenerate fermions. From weakly to strongly interacting regime
- Streltsov S. V. (M. N. Mikheev Institute of Metal Physics RAS, Ekaterinburg),
Orbital physics in transition metal compounds: new trends
- Volovik G. E. (O.V. Lounasmaa Laboratory, Aalto University, Finnland)
Topological Lifshitz transitions
- Deadline for registration is November 1, 2017.
- Deadline for submission of abstracts is December 17, 2017.
- Deadline for payment of the registration fee is January 15, 2018.
- The beginning of the conference is February 25, 2018.
- The end of the conference is March 3, 2018.
Dear participants of the conference!
If you have previously registered at the conference, you may use the old login and password
. After checking the registration data, you must click the “Register
If you lost your registration information, please refer to “Restore the password”.
New participants of the conference should select the item “Registration” and fill in the registration form. To access your data after registering, you need to enter your password and login in the “Log In” section.
Payment of registration fee
The registration fee should be transferred only after receiving the notification of admission of Abstracts and enrollment in the number of participants in the school
Abstracts should be presented as a document LaTeX2e
or Microsoft Word
. The language for submitting abstracts is Russian
. The file name must consist of the section number, the surname and initials of the speaker, for example, 1-IvanovIS.tex
. If several reports are submitted, the numerals are indicated after the surname, for example, 1-IvanovIS-1.tex
Detailed rules and templates for processing abstracts can be taken on the school's website in LaTeX2e
and MS Word
Abstracts should be sent through the school's website registration system. The archive of abstract files should consist of the author's last name, for example, IvanovIS-1.zip
We kindly ask you to follow these rules.
Abstracts will be reviewed.